Monday, January 30, 2012

Kimono Silk Sakura Applique

I had this old Kimono silk for long time. I wanted to make mats for covering the surface of the shelves on our bed head board. I found this faded maroon Kimono silk in my stash bin and thought it would look nice on the shelves. I love the rustic look of the outworn Kimono. But there were a couple of little holes. I was going to cover only those two holes with Sakura (Cherry blossom) petal shaped applique. As I worked on it, I felt like making more petals as embellishment. The fabric I used for applique is also silk from another Kimono.






I don't need to worry that my favorite vintage Heywood Wakefield furniture get damaged anymore. And my bed looks a bit more beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea and it looks very pretty with your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The quilt is not my work unfortunately. But I like it so far. Making a King size quilt is still too much for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. The Blissful Banter of a Creative Crafter thank you for stopping by! I miss cherry blossoms so bad. I am glad you liked that. Please come back again!

      Delete