Saturday, May 8, 2010

"I love my teachers" Project

Next week my daughter Nina will graduate from the preschool which she attended for two years. She learned so much and made a lot of friends at the preschool.  It is a little emotional to look back how we enjoyed those preschool days and how much the kid has grown up in these two years. And teachers! Oh man, they worked hard and did a fantastic job to their little students. Nina loved her school and her teachers and she always was happy to leave home to school. I really appreciate their work.

So Nina and I decided to give some gifts for the teachers and we made these handy pouches.

The gifts have to be collaborated by Nina and me, so I considered what would work for both of us. Then I thought of  the idea of letting Nina to draw pictures on the fabric. I picked some scrap fabrics from my stash and patched them together, quilted, sewed zippers on and made it up into pouches.


We used this Pentel Fabric Fun for drawing. I like these crayon type better than markers for kids. It is easy to use and the texture of finished drawings looks more interesting. I applied freezer paper on the back of a piece of fabric for drawing. So kids easily can draw on it just like they do on papers.

I embroidered a message of " I love my teachers" on the back.



 

It was a very good practice of free motion quilting. I tried some different quilting lines and it was so much fun.

I like both pouches very much, so I think I will make more. One for my mother in law's birthday, one for my daughter, and one for myself.

You can see more pictures of this project at my Flickr pool

I hope you all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I had never heard of the Pentel Fabric Fun crayons. Thanks for the link!!!

    ReplyDelete